In this post we are going to learn how to configure GPFS cluster configuration in AIX environment.
So we are going to configure the GPFS cluster with two nodes setup. If you want to learn GPFS full concepts you can refer IBM site.
Setup and Preparation:
Operating System Setup:
- To Build two aix nodes with same OS level (AIX 6.1.TL9-Spx or 7.1TL4-spX) along with latest updates, and configure the Host name and IP address.
- Verify the rootvg disk path status.
- Mirror rootvg and set bosboot and bootlist.
- Need shared storage LUNS between both the nodes for GPFS File system configuration.
- Minimum Requirements for NSD : Two Disk with any size
- Minimum Requirements for Tiebreakr Disk : One disk with size of 512 MB or 1 GB.
- In our setup we have two Nodes cluster. One is Primary Node another one is Secondary node but in our cause both are quorum nodes.
- We need Two Private IPv4 address for GPFS cluster intercommunication Purpose which is non rout able IP.
- And we need two Admin IP address for Admin access Purpose, through this IP’s only admin can able to access the servers.
Make both the nodes GPFS Nodes Host Entry
Create Passowrd less SSH between cluster nodes for cluster communication purpose.
Take Backup of sshd_config file
For enabling the password less ssh, Add “PermitRootLogin without-password” lines into sshd_config file.
Restart the sshd services, the only changes will effect.
To Generate Public key as per mentioned commands and copy the authorized_keys into both the nodes.
To set the Storage Shared Luns Disks Attributes on both the Nodes.
GPFS base File sets software Installation on both the nodes.
After software installation take both the nodes reboot.
To update GPFS base file sets into latest level :
To Needs do be export GPFS Path in .profile file.
To create stanzha file for GPFS Cluster configuration purpose.
Prerequisites has been completed and Start the GPFS cluster configuration.
Create a stanza file along with below mentioned details.
On Node one Start the cluster configuration.
Once cluster created to verify the cluster details.
To remove the cluster warning messages do accept GPFS Cluster License Agreement.
To verify the cluster license accepted details,
To check cluster configurations
To change cluster Admin Mode Policy for central to allToAll.
To start the GPFS cluster on ALL nodes, and get all cluster node status.
To start the cluster all the nodes :
To view latest cluster event status.
To Configuring Network Shared Disks (NSD Disk)
To generate PVID for all the GPFS cluster shared disks.
To verify the shared disks PVID information’s.
To format the shared disk before adding the disk into cluster.
To Configuring Network Shared Disks
Create one NSD disks stanza file to create NSD disks.
verify the created NSD disk information’s.
To assign NSD disks into remaining available nodes in the cluster.
To verify the NSD disks and nodes details.
To add Tiebreak into the cluster for QUORUM Purpose
First we have to stop the cluster to assign Tiebreak into the cluster
To verify the cluster down or not.
To add the Tiebreak disk into the cluster this will be used for cluster High Availability (quorum Availability Purpose) .
To verify the Tiebreak disk information’s in cluster setup.
To start the cluster with tiebreaker disks.
To get NSD disk extended output
To create GPFS File system sp first we have make one stanza file.
To mount created file system into all the Nodes